Baptism is the first sacrament of initiation into the life of the Church. The entire Church rejoices with the family of those who are to be baptized because it has been found worthy. The worth of the Church depends on the following of Christ and together prolonging the saving activity of Our Lord.
Regarding Baptismal Preparation
- A child older than 8 years of age participates in the RCIA program.
- It is important to note that the Sacraments are not purchased, any fees associated with the celebration or sacraments are administrative in nature and related to good stewardship.
- Due to the pandemic, baptisms are currently being scheduled eight months out. Please call the Parish office for more information: 760-398-5577
- Birth certificate
- Sponsor/Godparent application
- Pre-baptismal class.
- If parents are not registered members of this parish, a letter of permission from the home parish is needed extending permission.
Note: Please consider the following directives that are followed in the diocese of San Bernardino:
- They only need one sponsor/Godparent
- They must be older than 18 years of age.
- They must be fully initiated into the Church.
- They lead a life in keeping with the Church.